The aim of the course is:
– to train musicians who, through the technical mastery of the instrument, are able to perform pieces, taken from the various types of the jazz repertoire, with interpretative awareness both in the restitution of the formal processes and in the ability to attribute meaning;
– to train musicians who possess advanced skills in the field of jazz arrangement and composition.
At an operational level, the student who has obtained the Level II academic diploma must be endowed with:
– in-depth analytical and critical tools capable of profiting from interactions with other musical and/or musicological disciplines, as well as with other art forms;
– adequate capacity to control one’s own emotional and psycho-physical state in function of interpretative and technical-performing effectiveness;
– appropriate ability to relate with the other instruments in the ensemble.
It is also an educational objective of the course to acquire adequate skills in the field of computer music as well as those related to a second European Community language.
- Professional concert activity oriented towards solo performance in jazz ensembles
- Arranger and composer for jazz ensembles
- Cultural operator in the field of music
- Organiser of events and musical seasons
- Consultant and music organiser at public or private institutions